Inquire and Apply
We are excited that you are considering St. Thomas More School! On this page you will find details on how to request information and to apply.
St. Thomas More has a priority application deadline of February 1 for September admission and a rolling admission policy after that date based on space availability. Second quarter or mid-year enrollment may be possible in many grades and is handled on a case by case basis - contact the Dean of Admission for more information.
Please contact us by phone at 860.823.3861 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete our short "Inquiry form" so we can start to get to know your son or start the formal application process below.
Click here to complete our Inquiry form.
Application Process Overview
Applying is easy using our online application which can be accessed on this page. We also accept most common applications like the "Standard Application Online" or the TABS "Boarding Schools Admissions Application Form." If you would prefer to complete an application in fillable pdf format or on paper, you may access those further down this page.
Here is a checklist for a complete application for all Domestic and International applicants:
- Online application form and application fee
- Parent's statement
- Transcripts for current and two prior school years
- English and Math teacher recommendations
- Principal/Guidance Counselor recommendation
- Standardized test scores *
- Interview (in person, by phone or skype)
- Tour/campus visit (optional)
* St. Thomas More School accepts a variety of standardized tests, depending on the grade you are applying to, including the SSAT, PSAT, ISEE, SAT, ACT, ERB and state mandated standardized tests.
International applicants need to submit the following additional items:
- TOEFL, Duolingo, SLEP or other English proficiency test, TOEFL Junior acceptable for applications to grades 8 and 9
- Parent financial affidavit
- Copy of passport
- Copy of Visa and I-20 if transferring from a school in the USA
Please note that all forms and an enrollment contract and deposit must be completed and received before an I-20 can be issued. It is best to send all admissions materials together to help expedite the decision and enrollment process.
Consultants/Guardians: It is important that the student's home address is on the application for issuance of the I-20. Consultant and guardian information should be placed in the International Student Supplement section of the online application.
Reference and Transcript Request Forms
Reference forms can be emailed to reference writers as "filable PDF forms" or printed and distributed to your writers with pre addressed/stamped envelopes. Please have reference writers send them directly to St. Thomas More School.
Please complete and print the "Transcript/Testing Release Form" and submit it to your school's registrar.
Information may be returned by:
By email: email@example.com
By fax: 860.859.2989
By mail: Office of Admission
St. Thomas More School,
45 Cottage Rd,
Oakdale, CT 06370 USA
Please contact us by phone at 860.823.3861 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.